The RSD is currently undertaking the largest school construction program in the city’s history and the largest post-Katrina public sector rebuilding program on the Gulf Coast. The RSD is establishing the DBE Office as a strong, fair, and viable program that encouraged the participation of local DBE contractors in building and renovating schools throughout the city. The RSD has a 25% goal for DBE participation on all Capital Projects.
The DBE Office will:
Establish and maintain ‘entrance points’ for qualified DBEs seeking participation in RSD construction projects.
- Provide information on general contractors for capital rebuilding projects.
- Keep general contractors informed of interested, qualified DBEs and DBE outreach opportunities/mechanisms.
- Keep interested, qualified DBEs informed of RSD opportunities and related events.
- Engage RSD contractors, providing assistance in addressing barriers to meeting compliance goals and with identifying/articulating ‘good faith’ efforts.
- Track and review actual contractor compliance/compliance efforts.
Contact Us / Team Contacts
Director, Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
(504) 373-6200 ext. 20082
Email RSD DBE Program: DBE@rsdla.net